Sunday, August 10, 2014

THE FINAL CHAPTER

On May 20, 2010, after many failed attempts at becoming pregnant, we nervously and cautiously embarked on an adoption journey when we attended a Bethany orientation meeting.  Then after long, trying 4 years and 1 month, we began the final phase which is comprised mainly of three parts: EP submission, Court date, and Embassy date.  So, on June 5, at last our case was submitted to the Ministry of Health and Welfare in Korea.  Then we began waiting anxiously yet again.  However, Emigrant Permit (EP) was finally approved  this week (8/6/14). God must have heard all our family's and friends' prayers!

Then typically, it takes another 2 - 3 weeks for submission to the Court for a court date.  However, we were unexpectedly submitted to the Court the very next day (8/7/14)!!!  We were overjoyed when we got the news because it implied that we were going somewhere.  It was the beginning of the end.  I then called our agency and found out that in 4 - 6 weeks, we should be going to Korea for visit #1 for about 7 - 10 days.  In 4 - 6 weeks!!!!!!  During that visit, we go to the Court for an interview with a judge who has a final say in whether we are fit parents for Lincoln or not.  We will need MAJOR prayers for this!  However, during this visit, we also get to see Lincoln TWICE at the Holt office.  We get to meet him, love on him, and take LOTS of pictures.  However, at the end of that trip, unfortunately, we return home WITHOUT him! :(

FINALLY, the last part of the final phase will be in 4 - 6 weeks after we arrive home when we receive an Embassy date.  At that time, we return to Korea for visit #2 , get CUSTODY of Lincoln (YAY!!!!!), go to Embassy for a Visa interview, which I hear is pretty laid back, and pick up Lincoln's Visa the next day.  At the end of this trip, we do return home WITH him for good!!!  If everything goes smoothly, Lincoln should be home before he turns three (12/13)!!! 

Today, as I was worshiping at North Point, I was so very comforted and blessed by this song.  Every time I sing this song, I usually become a basket-case and this time was no different.

"Oceans" By Hillsong

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand


And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

 

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
 

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander  
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

 

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace

I am Yours and You are mine

Many times in the last several years, struggling through infertility and then this arduous and stressful adoption process, I felt that God had called me to walk upon some deep tumultuous waters.  Often, I was surrounded by fear and doubt.  I felt as though God had failed me and abandoned me.  However, His grace, His sovereign hand had never failed me.  Instead He reminded me that if He has not failed for the last thousands of years since the world began, then He does not plan to start now with ME or Lincoln. 

This last chapter is not completed yet.  It continues to be written.  However, when this adoption is finished, I hope that we can look back and confidently and joyfully celebrate our journey knowing that our faith was made STRONGER and that our trust was without borders. Until then, we will continue to rest in His embrace for we are His and He is ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment